Northern Italy and the Cote d’Azur
- 9 days
- It is a tour for those who have been dreaming of visiting the Cote d’Azur and northern Italy. Cannes, Nice, Monaco and Monte Carlo, the picturesque Provencal towns – names easily associated with Mediterranean climate, the sun, azure sea, seaside promenades, where the mighty of this world flock to relax. You are also going to explore some less frequented corners such as the Lerins Islands and the splendid Italian north: charming Bergamo, fascinating Milan and Verona, Genoa of Christopher Columbus and finally Padua and Venice. Go on a fantastic Mediterranean tour, from Saturday to Sunday, on the way to Italy with transit accommodation in the Czech Republic!
- Innsbruck – Lake Garda – Bergamo – Milan – Lerins Islands – Cannes – Grasse – Venice – St. Paul de Venice – Nice – Monaco – Monte Carlo – Menton – San Remo – Genoa – Verona – Venice
- DAY 1: After crossing the border enjoy an overnight stay in the Czech Republic.
- DAY 2: INNSBRUCK – LAKE GARDA Begin your day with a short stroll through Innsbruck. See the House with the golden roof, the Bergisel Ski Jump characterised by a breathtaking view of Innsbruck, the Old Town. Travel through the Brenner Pass (Bridge of Europe) to Italy. Drive to Lake Garda – the most beautiful lake in northern Italy.
- DAY 3: BERGAMO – MILAN Travel to Bergamo. Explore the charming Old Town of Bergamo Alta (a trip by cable car), Palazzo Della Ranione, the Cathedral. Travel to Milan – the capital of Lombardy. Take a tour of Milan visiting the monumental Milan Cathedral made of white marble, Galleria Victorio Emmanuele II of 1876, La Scala the world famous home of Italian opera.Travel to Liguria Italian part of the Côte d’Azur.
- DAY 4: THE LERINS ISLANDS – CANNES Take a trip to the Lerins Islands, where lavender is grown by monks and where the legendary ‘Man in the Iron Mask’ was supposedly imprisoned. After returning to Cannes take a glimpse of the Festival Palace, have some leisure time for sunbathing and walking along the famous Path Stars.
- DAY 5: GRASSE – SAINT PAUL DE VENCE – NICE Travel to picturesque towns in Provence: – Grasse- widely known as the perfume capital of the world, visit St. Paul de Venice with its the charming streets. Travel to Nice to take a stroll through the Old Town and along the famous Promenade des Anglais.
- DAY 6: MONACO – MONTE CARLO – SAN REMO Take a trip to the Principality of Monaco. Go on a city tour of Monaco to visit the Prince’s Palace of Monaco, the Oceananographic Museum the World’s most Spectacular Gambling Den – Monte-Carlo. Drive through the beautiful resort town of Menton and on to Italy, where you will stop for a while in San Remo – where the most popular Italian song festival is held.
- DAY 7: GENOA – VERONA Start your day with a tour of Genoa – the famous Italian port city. Visit the house, where Christopher Columbus was born, the port, the Cathedral of San Lorenzo and Piazza Dante with the nearby City Gate. Proceed to Verona with its Roman Arena built in the late 1st the century BC, Santa Maria Antica, a Roman Catholic church with the Scaliger tombs and the famous Juliet’s balcony in the house on Via Capello 23.
- DAY 8: VENICE Visit Padua to see the Basilica of St. Anthony and Prato della Valle. Travel to Venice (9 hours stay). Explore St. Mark’s Square with St. Mark’s Basilica, marvel at the Doge’s Palace (viewed from the outside) along with the famous Bridge of Sighs, the Clock Tower and the Bell Tower. Enjoy your leisure time sightseeing or shopping. Overnight journey through Austria and the Czech Republic.
- DAY 9: Journey back to Poland. End of the tour.
- PLEASE NOTE – THE ORDER OF THE ITINERARY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE