Catholic Tours and Pilgrimages
Fatima and Lourdes Pilgrimage with a visit to Santiago de Compostela and La Salette in 2016
- 16 days
- code: PFL
- Go on the incredible pilgrimage to travel to four most important sanctuaries: Fatima in Portugal and Lourdes in France and Santiago de Compostela associated with the cult of St. James the Apostle and La Salette perched high in the French Alp. What is more, we have planned a variety of tourist attractions and the opportunity to enjoy the sea. On the way, night’s rest in the Czech Republic as well as catching a glance of the Côte d’Azur. Finally, you will relish your stay in Switzerland on Lake Geneva.
- the Czech Republic – Montserrat – Barcelona – Saragossa – Madrid – Lisbon – Fatima – Aljustrel – Santiago de Compostela – Salamanca – Avilla – Burgos – Lourdes – La Salette – Geneva
- DAY 1: After crossing the border enjoy the night’s rest at the hotel in the Czech Republic.
- DAY 2: BRENNER PASS Enter Italy through the Brenner Pass in the Alps. Travel to the hotel for the night’s rest.
- DAY 3: NICE Travel along the Côte d’Azur to Costa Brava. Visit to Nice to take a stroll along the famous Promenade des Anglais.
- DAY 4: BARCELONA – MONTSERRAT Take a tour of Barcelona and the famous Montserrat Monastery. Explore the capital of Catalonia, stroll through the most beautiful street in the world – Las Ramblas, visit the Gothic Quarter, the Cathedral of Sants Eulalia, the Royal Palace (viewed from the outside), marvel at the Sagrada Familia designed by Antonio Gaudi and the Olympic Stadium. Then stop to contemplate in the Benedictine Monastery of Montserrat.
- DAY 5: SARAGOSSA On the way to Madrid visit to the Shrine of the Black Madonna in the Basilica del Pilar in Saragossa. Travel to the hotel in the vicinity of Madrid (2 nights).
- DAY 6: MADRID – AVILA Start your day with a stroll through the capital of Spain -Madrid. Visit the Royal Palace and the Plaza Major. Travel to Avila the city with magnificent defensive walls that is known for St. Teresa, a miracle worker and mystic.
- DAY 7: LISBON – FATIMA Travel to Portugal. Tour Lisbon – the capital of Portugal, visit the Old Town, St. George’s Castle, Restauradores Square, the Tower of Belem and the Jeronimos Monastery. Travel to Fatima (3 nights).
- DAY 8: FATIMA – Aljustrel – Valinhos Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima with Chapel of Apparitions. You may partake in the ‘Via Crucis’ and the Rosary Prayer. Tour the village of Aljustrel, the birthplace of St. Lucy and Valinhos were the the Angel of Portugal appeared to three little shepherds. Enjoy your free time for personal worship.
- DAY 9: NAZARE – OBIDOS Start the day travelling along the Atlantic Ocean to Nazare – a city situated on a high cliff, where you will see a fruit and vegetable market (with numerous souvenir stalls) and the amazing views of the Lower Town and the Atlantic Ocean. Take a swim in the Atlantic Ocean. Tour Obidos – the city, the castle and defensive walls that date back to the reign of the Moors.
- DAY 10: SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA Travel to Santiago de Compostela. Visit the monumental Cathedral of Santiago De Compostela, the reputed burial – place of Saint James (with the impressive thurible). Travel to the hotel for the night’s rest near Santiago de Compostela.
- DAY 11: SALAMANCA Tour Salamanca with its University and the Plaza Mayor with the famous “House of “Shells” and the ubiquitous Plateresque style. Travel for the night’s rest at the hotel in the vicinity of Burgos.
- DAY 12: BURGOS Travel to Burgos. Tour the Cathedral, one the greatest in Europe. Travel to Lourdes.
- DAY 13: LOURDES A day’s stay in Lourdes- Visit the Basilica of the Rosary, the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, the Crypts and the Grotto of Massabielle, where the Virgin Mary appeared to Bernadette. Enjoy your free time for personal worship. You may partake in a candlelight Procession in the evening.
- DAY 14: La Salette In the early in the morning depart for La Salette, located high in the French Alps. Visit the Sanctuary of the Weeping Madonna. Enjoy your leisure time. Travel to Grenoble for the night’s rest at the hotel.
- DAY 15: GENEVA. Travel to Switzerland. Stop in Geneva on Lemanski Lake. Walk through the park with the famous flower clock. Enjoy your leisure time. Journey through Switzerland and Germany.
- DAY 16: Journey back to Poland. End of your pilgrimage.
- PLEASE NOTE – THE ORDER OF THE ITINERARY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE